Who is this Network and Support programme for?
Building on the success of our Women in Business and Scale up Network & Support programmes, we are delighted to be able to add a Sustainability-focused offering for our clients looking to develop sustainable credentials as part of their commercial growth strategy.
Sustainability doesn’t have to be this huge regulatory burden, looming on the horizon; we can harness its power to drive sound business decisions and capitalise on growth opportunities.
COP26 made it ominously clear: companies failing to align their business strategies to sustainability targets will get left behind. Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) has amassed unprecedented attention over recent years, as such, we can start to analyse the returns for those companies who rate well in this area versus those who rate less well. It’s estimated that high ESG performers are now, on average, seeing operating margins of some 3.7 times higher and delivering 2.6 times greater shareholder returns than their counterparts rating average or less well in ESG. Sustainability is becoming a mechanism to not only address the critical issues we face as a planet and in our society, but also to remain relevant and competitive, create long-term value, and secure company longevity.
Furthermore, for those of us seeking equity investment as part of our growth strategy, Ernst & Young’s most recent Global Institutional Investor Survey stated that 74% of investors were more likely to divest from companies with poor sustainability performance, and a whopping 90% said they are starting to focus heavily on a company’s sustainability performance when making investment decisions.
In response to this imperative, we have assembled some of the region’s leading experts to host a series of virtual peer sessions exploring 3 principle areas of sustainability and how companies can embrace them as a pillar of long-term growth. Peer group members benefit not only from specialist insights but also from discussions with like-minded business owners.
What can I expect from this Network and Support programme?
This event is for high-growth SMEs and scale ups who recognise the importance of sustainability in securing future growth and profitability, but who want to learn from experts and peers how to fully embed these principles into their business growth, resilience, and compliance strategies. The below sessions have been structured to specifically address this need:
- Session 1: Group introductions and “Feeling inspired to take climate action …but how do we get started?” delivered by specialist Tammy Marrett, Green Savvy. Session to include: Goal setting, Data -establishing a baseline, Developing a strategy, Communicating with and engaging staff and clients, Examples of quick wins, Examples of longer term objectives, and more
- Session 2: “Key steps towards Net Zero: practical vs. necessary” delivered by specialist Sia Grenkova, Oxwash. Session focus: The practical place to start with Net Zero, the balance between short-term value-creating strategies such as energy efficiency vs. the more complex but necessary approaches such as supply chain rigorous due diligence
- Session 3: “Embedding low carbon principals in business is a powerful lever for commercial success” delivered by specialist Alison Grunewald, Low Carbon Hub. Session focus: Exploring key regulation and how businesses failing to adopt principals will be left behind. Also, how sustainability can be used as a pillar for business resilience and growth
How will the Network and Support group work?
Cohort spaces are limited to no more than 16 individuals in order to maximise the benefit for those participating. Applicants may be required to complete a short questionnaire to help assess suitability and compatibility. You may also receive a phone call as part of the application process.
Dates & Structure
Meetings are held virtually via Zoom, the first lasting 2.5 hours, the remainder lasting 2 hours.
Schedule is as follows:
- Thursday 1st December – 10.00-12.30 (duration 2.5 hours)
- Thursday 8th December – 10.00-12.00 (duration 2 hours)
- Thursday 15th December – 10.00-12.00 (duration 2 hours)
For more information about the eScalate programme, visit: www.oxfordshirelep.com/escalate
Please note that these 1:1 sessions are part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and are delivered as part of the eScalate programme to help SMEs. By engaging in this programme you are being offered assistance under the De Minimis regulation which allows a company to receive up to but not exceeding €200,000 of public funding (at the applicable exchange rate) of De Minimis aid over a rolling three-tax year fiscal period. This de minimis declaration does not cover undertakings engaged in: the primary production of agricultural goods and fisheries/aquaculture, road freight, services of general economic interest and export related activities and activities favouring domestic over imported goods. Please note, support cannot be given to undertakings (businesses) in difficulty. In order to receive support from this programme, you will be required to complete an application form and other relevant documentation.
Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings.
If you disable this cookie, we will not be able to save your preferences. This means that every time you visit this website you will need to enable or disable cookies again.