Networking dos, don’ts and success strategies from Stefan Thomas, author of Business Networking for Dummies
In two very interactive hours, Stefan will lead you to understand how networking could be far more successful for you, and how to achieve that, without having to change who you are. If you, or your team attends face to face or virtual networking events, or uses social media as part of your networking activity, this masterclass is for you. By the end of the session you’ll feel much more confident, and have a toolkit to apply to your networking activities.
We will cover:
- How to rapidly build your reputation and become the ‘go to’ person who everyone wants to be in contact with.
- How to find the right networking events, with the right people, for you and your business
- How to ‘use’ each networking event – the behaviours and tactics which set the successful networkers apart
- How to confidently deliver a networking 60 second introduction which has people queueing to find out more about you
- Using both active and passive follow up to ensure your results from networking are exponential
- How to easily lead people to the till, so that your conversations turn into sales.
This masterclass will be a conversation as much as a presentation. There will be ample time to ask questions, and for group discussion on the subjects presented.
Stefan Thomas is the Oxfordshire based author of ‘Business Networking for Dummies’ as well as two other Amazon bestselling books on networking. He speaks on networking for organisations all over the UK and Europe including BT, namecheap, Utility Warehouse, Lloyds Bank, The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and many others.He lives in Witney, with his wife Sharon and between them they have five grown up children. For a 53 year old who should know better, Stefan spends far too much time at punk gigs, and still likes to think the mosh pit is an appropriate place for someone his age.
Minimal Financial Assistance (MFA) scheme
The Growth Hub programme operates a Minimal Financial Assistance (MFA) scheme. All SMEs which receive support under this programme are being aided under the UK Subsidy Control Act (2022) and The Subsidy Control (Gross Cash Amount and Gross Cash Equivalent) Regulations (2022 No. 1186).
MFA allows a beneficiary to receive up to £315,000 of Subsidy over a three-fiscal year period (i.e. the current and previous two fiscal years). The value of MFA given is the gross cash amount or the gross cash equivalent of the subsidy. The MFA value of this webinar is £723.40.